Online Retail Mastery (Amazon FBA University) Beau Crabill (Course Overview)
WHO IS BEAU CRABILL?
Beau Crabill is an entrepreneur. In the 8th grade, Beau dyed Nike Elite Socks different colors and started selling them in his school. He made close to $1,200 before the school principal made him stop selling.
At the age of 12, Beau started selling on eBay and did close to $10,000 and $6,000 in profit selling these Nike Elite Socks. He then started profiting about $200 to $500 a week and this was only at the age of 12!
From there, at the age of 15, Beau started selling on Amazon. Beau had good success in his first Amazon venture profiting over $35,000 in 60 days white labeling headphones.
Beau ran into some struggles when his first Amazon account got suspended from a copyright infringement claim. This was from the Nike Elite Socks he was selling.
These struggles turned out to be a blessing in disguise for Beau because, from this, he learned how to buy directly from wholesalers and get the rights to sell the products.
Beau is doing quite well selling on Amazon. In a recent video shared with us, Beau had done close to $300,000 per month in sales! That is fantastic for most people’s standards.
WHAT’S IN THE ONLINE RETAIL MASTERY COURSE?
In this Online Retail Mastery Review, we’ll dig into the details of the course. We also found that the course is a well-thought-out and extensive program on the topic of selling on Amazon.
The online retail course consists of 16 modules plus resources, tools, and a mastermind bonus section.
The course starts out on the basics and works through every aspect of selling brand name products on Amazon. Products can also be sold on eBay or other online marketplaces.
You will learn how to set up your business properly including all licensing requirements. How to use Amazon Seller Central. How to source products from wholesalers. How to list the products on Amazon. How to gain sales/win the buy box, and so much more.
Beau and his partner also show you how to ungate product categories and to make sure that you never violate copyrights.
This course is jammed packed with great information. So rather than go into each lesson and module, in this online retail mastery review, we have listed below a complete outline of what you will get when you sign up for the Beau Crabill course.
1) PRE-INTRODUCTION MODULE
In the pre-introduction module, Beau starts off talking about his action-based refund policy. This means you need to take action to get a refund. He then goes into the next lesson about the best ways to get started using the course.
2) INTRODUCTION MODULE
In this next module, Beau gives an introduction to selling on Amazon. He then goes through how to set up a legal business so you can make sure you do not break any laws.
From there Beau goes into detail about setting up your Amazon Seller Central Account and navigating your account.
In the last lesson, you will learn the difference between FBA and FBM. This will help you to make a choice on the best way to fulfill your product orders.
3) GETTING SALES MODULE
When you get to this third module of the Beau Crabill course, you will begin to learn how to make sales on Amazon.
The key lessons in this module will teach you:
- What the buy box is and what to do to make sure you get all the sales
- How the buy box rotates
- The best way to send products to the Amazon FBA warehouse
- How to get listed in Amazon’s catalog
- How to make sure you monitor the buy box correctly to get the highest price possible for your products
4) SHIPPING MODULE
In this module, you will learn about shipping products to Amazon FBA. You will learn about SPD (shipping small parcel delivery), LTL (less than truckload shipping), and how you can ship to one warehouse.
5) PRODUCT RESEARCH MODULE
The product research module will teach you everything you need to know to properly find the best products to sell. The lessons covered here will help you to:
- Know how many sales your product will get
- Understand price history for your products
- Understand sales rank history
- Learn about all fees involved in selling products
- How to factor in movies, holidays, and events
6) UNGATING MODULE
This is a really important module. when we began working on the Online Retail Mastery Review, this was a powerful concept to understand. Ungating is the process of getting approved for restricted categories on Amazon. In this module of the Beau Crabill course, he covers the following topics:
- An in-depth overview about the ungating proccess
- Getting ungated in a main category
- Details about getting ungated in sub-categories
- An in-depth guide to getting ungated for any brand
- Should you pay for ungating services?
7) SOURCING INTRODUCTION MODULE
In this module, you will learn how to source products. This is the heart of learning to sell wholesale products on Amazon. If you can’t source products, you have no business. Lessons covered are as follows:
- A complete overview of sourcing
- Learn what authorized suppliers are
- The best places to find products from suppliers
- The different types of suppliers
- The number of suppliers you will need
8) FINDING SUPPLIERS MODULE
This next module is all about finding suppliers. Without good suppliers, you are out of business. In these lessons, Beau will uncover six different strategies to finding the right suppliers for products.
9) NORMAL STOCK – WORKING DIRECT WITH BRANDS MODULE
The ninth module is considered a BONUS. In this section, you will learn what normal stock is and then will discover three strategies to source normal stock.
10) VETTING SUPPLIERS – BONUS MODULE
Module number 10 is all about how to make sure you find good suppliers. Lessons include:
- The ways to know that you have a good supplier
- Best questions to ask suppliers
- Critical red flags to watch out for when vetting suppliers
- Tricks to make sure suppliers always respond to you
- Tips to be sure that a supplier is legitimate
11) WORKING WITH SUPPLIERS MODULE
In module number 11, Beau Crabill takes you into the details about how to work with suppliers so things run smoothly. This module include the following lesson topics:
- How to determine which products will work best for you
- The strategies to open accounts with suppliers
- How to get products from suppliers
- Making proper buying decisions
- How to pay suppliers, logistics, and getting suppliers to ship directly to Amazon
12) THE MODULE ON BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS WITH SUPPLIERS
Finding a supplier is only half the battle. Once you find good suppliers it’s imperative to build a relationship with them. Module 12 dives into an in-depth study on how to build relationships with suppliers to create long-term success. Lessons include these topics:
- Building relationships with suppliers an overview
- Why suppliers will take anyone’s business
- Strategies to build relationships with suppliers
- The key benefits of building relationships
- New opportunities created by building relationships
13) MISC DETAILS
In module 13 you will discover important details about inventory and more. Lessons include:
- Knowing inventory limits
- Everything you need to know about storage fees
- How to generate business reports
- Understanding how Amazon track performance
- Guide to understanding reimbursements, removal orders, and disposals
14) AUTOMATING YOUR BUSINESS – BONUS MODULE
Automation is the key to building a long-term business that can be scaled. In this bonus module, you will learn everything you will ever need to know about automating your business. Module 14 lessons include:
- An overview of automating your business
- How to automate products research
- In-depth lesson on using virtual assistants
- How to automate finding suppliers
- Ways to automate the process of finding products
15) BONUS SECTION
This section of the Bill Crabill course is another added bonus. Here you will learn:
- The basics of multi-channel fulfillment
- How to sell in international markets
- How to sell excess inventory
- Flipping fast by wholesaling your inventory
- How to manage inventory
16) CONCLUDING MODULE
The last part of the actual course ties up everything you have learned into one nice package. This is an important module and includes these topics:
- Putting everything together you have learned
- How to do your business accounting
- Everything that you will need to do in your business
- How to keep it simple
- Tracking the course updates